A Christmas plaid wallpaper room and bathroom was screaming for a room makeover. I wish I hadn’t avoided tearing down that wallpaper for the last 3 years because it came off so much easier than I thought it would. Now this room feels like a breath of fresh air.
Here are all the details for this room makeover for a very special 10 year old.
DIF wallpaper spray stripper is only $7 and did an entire room, closets and bathroom. Just mix with very hot water, spray onto the wallpaper, let sit a minute and start to peel off the wall. This only took a couple of hours to do and worked beautifully. We bought ours at Wallpaper Warehouse in Sandy, Utah.
After removing the wall paper we did the drywall patching and sanding.
I wanted this basement to feel bright and open so I found a paint that I absolutely love, BEHR paint and primer, Silent White (from Home Depot). It looks white but dries in the prettiest light gray. The bedroom and bathroom feel so much brighter and bigger.
- “She will move Mountains” print, our ETSY shop, frame from IKEA
- Bedding, Home Goods, pillow, desk runner & chair fabrics from The Fabric Shop in Draper, Utah
- Nightstand & Lamp from Home Goods
- Desk & Chair refinished with Annie Sloan Chalk Paints from Drab 2 Fab, Draper, Utah -Duck Egg blue & Antoinette pink.
- Bench from IKEA
- Window drapes, Home Goods
- And my FAVORITE part of the room… The wall flowers and leaves! I sent in my designs to Fotowalls USA and they printed these for me. They are removable and reusable and a fraction of the cost of other wall decal shops!
- Duck Egg from Annie Sloan chalk paints on the vanity & entry table
- Magnolia silk flowers from IKEA
- “E” glittered initial from Pottery Barn Kids
- Bathroom matt only $7.99, “Unicorn Tears” hand soap, tray & glass container from Home Goods (I can’t live without Home Goods)
Be sure to watch the “reveal” video. It was the best part after all the hard work!
Project from start to finish took 5 days and we had so much fun working together.
We can’t wait to start another room!