Pioneer Day is a special day in Utah where we remember the arrival of Brigham Young and the Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847. We love this holiday that celebrates the pioneers and what strong people they were. Here’s a list of a few fun activities happening Monday. Happy Pioneer Day!
–Days of ’47 Parade will take place downtown Salt Lake City beginning at 9:00 am. The parade begins at South Temple & State Street then runs East to 200 East. Then turns South to 900 South. Then turns East to 600. We have been going as long as we can remember and love it!
-Days of ’47 rodeo Monday, July 24 at the Utah State Fair Park, 7:00 pm. This is the last day.
-Sunrise Service is a free event presented by the National Society of the Sons of Utah Pioneers. Gather at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, July 24th, at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square in downtown Salt Lake City. The program will include wonderful music by the Saltx Lake City Institute combined choirs and an inspirational talk by Elder Kevin R Duncan of the seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
-This is the Place has some fun activities and a candy cannon to celebrate Pioneer Day.
-Storybrook Play Cafe will have Pioneer Day activities and crafts for little ones along with great food in their cafe. 1538 E. 3300 S. Salt Lake City.
-Salt Lake Bees will have a game on Pioneer Day followed by a firework show.
There are many awesome firework shows throughout Utah. Click here to see the list that KSL has compiled.
Who needs a getaway type of date night this week? I most defiantly do! This week we are sharing one of our favorites with you, Bandits Bar & Grill on Main Street in Park City, Utah. Why visit?
- Bandits Grill & Bar has delicious food that totally gives you a Utah experience.
- Portions are HUGE and priced so well that you’ll be coming back over and over.
- Wild Salmon Salad… I don’t think there’s anymore to say there other than… it’s perfection. Alright, my husband would say he enjoyed it as well, however his mouth watering meal of choice is the 3 meat combo. It’s incredible. For the perfect experience, I’m going to say, get both and share. Trust me.
- While we’re on the food favorites subject… Their brownie dessert is pretty much heaven and also huge. You say you don’t have room for dessert? Well this is worth it, just share and then take an extra long walk around Park City after to make up for it 😉
- Main Street Park City is my favorite place for date night. The shops are beautiful, the scenery is breath taking and it always makes me feel like I’m on a mini vacation. (If I could pick anywhere to live, it would be Park City.)
Visit Bandits an Main Street this week as a couple or with friends, you’ll be so glad you did! Tell the Salt Sky sent you!
Thank Toni for an amazing meal!
Bandits Grill & Bar
440 Main Street, Park City, Utah
Click here for restaurant hours
We just discovered a new line of leotards for girls that we absolutely love and our girls can’t get enough of them. They wear their Busy Bod Leos constantly around the house. These cute leotards aren’t just for dance, the fabrics are so beautiful and that they look great with a skirt or shorts. If you have girls like ours that would prefer to run around in their leotards or princess dresses all day then you have to get these. They give the girls what they want to wear, but moms can be proud of how adorable they look when taken out in public.
Busy Bod Leos was created by Hali Hansen. She started this company because she was spending so much money on leotards and wanted them to be multipurpose. So she created a pattern that fit well and looked great paired with some gorgeous fabrics. These leotards are fully lined and have leg cuffs instead of elastic so they are very comfortable to wear. And all these lovely fabrics are printed right here in the USA.
One of our lucky followers is going to win 1 FREE Busy Body Leo of their choosing! To enter, visit our Instagram today. Click here to see their full website and to get shopping. Your little ones will be so happy when their Busy Bod Leos arrive!