A new line of styling ties is here and we are loving them.
Our men are too which is always a plus!
Blumenfashion.com hand makes each tie to ensure quality. They also ship for FREE anywhere in the U.S. and you won’t believe their prices.
They offer discounts when buying in quantity for wedding parties and special events.
Click on their site and shop now for all the men in your life and save with our special coupon!
15% off using code “SALTSKY” when you shop at Blumen Fashion.
Griffin May looking sharp sporting the Moscow Midnight floral tie.
It’s always fun to team up with our friends at KSL and bring you deals too good to pass up. That’s us eating lunch at KSL.
Check out these deals and gift ideas just in time for Christmas!
The perfect gift, a gift cards to The Roof, The Garden Restaurant, Nauvoo Cafe & Lion House Pantry, CLICK HERE
Awesome spa pampering package 63% off! CLICK HERE
Santa Sleigh Ride at the Homestead in Midway deal, CLICK HERE
31% off a stay and dinner for two at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City, CLICK HERE
A Sleigh Ride to Santa at Traverse Mountain, only $3! CLICK HERE
My husband recently asked me what my hobbies were, what I enjoy…. I don’t know, I take care of kids, clean and do an amazing amount of laundry and so I guess I enjoy grocery shopping alone and locking myself in the bathroom for a long, hot shower 😉 He sure has a lot of hobbies though (most of which are expensive… but that’s a topic for another time!).
I guess it got me thinking about the things I love to do. One of those is cake baking and decorating. I used to have a little cupcake counter in my retail shop and I sure enjoyed it, but never baked big fancy cakes. So I signed up for a cake class with Cake by Courtney and LOVED it! That’s the Churro Cake in the photo above, it is one delicious cake. The main question at the class from attendees was, “What supplies are needed to start baking and decorating cakes like a pro?” I took notes and found all those supplies, with most on sale! Click the affiliate links below to see these tools and great prices. The best part is that you can shop from home while in your pjs. Enjoy!
- For the Naked cake look: Acetate Sheets. Love the look of these cakes! Here are sheets, and here is a 3″roll.
- 6″ cake ring (cuts a sheet cake like a cookie cutter for layered cakes)
- 1/4 sheet pan: Courtney used this to bake and create a Milk Bar cake… next to try on my list.
- Parchment Paper: I love how Courtney taught to spray or butter pans, line with parchment paper and spray again. Cakes come out so smoothly.
- Pallet Knives: This set comes highly recommended and also this Wilton Pallet Knife.
- Metal cake scraper: This gives your frosted cake that smooth look.
- Spinning Cake Stand: Courtney recommends and uses the Cake Boss Spinning Cake Stand. I will need to build up to buying that beauty, so I am trying this one that is also great for beginners.
- Cake lifting tool: This helps you move your cake from the cake spinner to your serving plate.
- Use gels to color your frosting. These come recommended for the best color and uses a lot less color than regular food coloring.
- Disposable pastry bags. Love that there’s less mess when using these piping bags and you get 100 for $10!
- Cake Level. This is what makes those cakes look oh so perfect!
- Decorating tips. You’ll probably find and use your favorites, but if you aren’t sure, here’s a great group of tips to play with that I really like.
- Cake Pans: 6″ round, 7″ round and 8″ round. Most cake recipes that I’ve been working on need 3 pans of each size. I like these pans and they’ve worked great for me.
- If you’re looking to make the Churro Cake, click here. Cinnamon baking chips were impossible for me to find so I did dark chocolate but I found them online here! Thanks for the fun class Courtney, can’t wait to take another one.